Sunday, October 9, 2011

Disappointing Fall Foilage

I missed the fall foliage by one weekend. I'm a bit disappointed. Last weekend would have been the best time to see this year's fall foliage in all of its glory. Yet, for whatever reason, I missed it. Many of the trees were bare and if there were any leaves still on the tree, it was either brown, yellow, or green. For the last several weeks it has been quite windy and I think the strong winds blew most of the colorful leaves off from the trees.

So, I took pictures of whatever colorful leaves that were available. I was also surprised to see lots of monarch butterflies. Their presence probably have much to do with this week's and last week's uncharacteristically warm weather. I hope it stays this warm for Halloween. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure missed, because you were to busy or something?

My Favorite Things said...

I wanted to go the previous weekend, knowing that it would've been the perfect weekend for the perfect fall foliage. Yet, my friend wanted to go on that particular weekend, in which we ended up missing out on the fabulous colors because within one week, the majority of the leaves fell off. I guess it's all about time and just going with my gut instincts.