Friday, September 23, 2011

Chicago Trip


I've been meaning to post and share about my trip to Chicago. I must say, it is a really fun city.


Considering that I've been living in the Midwest for a very very long time, I have never visited Chicago. I've drove through the city earlier in the year when my sister and I were visiting Ann Arbor, Michigan, but we didn't have time to stop and see it. While driving through, my initial impression of the city was that it was dirty and I might not want to visit it.

Then a couple of months ago, a friend suggested that I meet up with her in Chicago for the Labor Day weekend. Despite my prejudices, I agreed. I'm very glad that I agreed. Chicago is so fun.

My friend and I stayed in downtown Chicago and most of the time we stayed close to that area. During our time there, the weather was quite wonderful. We visited many museums, saw the many outdoor parks, and did A LOT of walking. I saw several things that were a first and the eating experience there was good overall. I really just loved how vibrant the city was and the ambiance offered by the neighborhood we were staying in.

I would totally go back to Chicago again. It really is a fun city and I definitely would recommend it as a destination city for vacationers.





No comments: