Sunday, June 13, 2010

Containerized Citrus Trees

I've decided to try growing citrus trees in containers one more time. Previously, I had a lime tree and an orange tree. Unfortunately, the two did not survive this past winter while I was visiting my family in California because my beau didn't water the plants while I was gone (although, after reading an internet thread I now wonder if the plants were really dead or just really dormant). To make the long story short, I no longer have these two plants.


So earlier this month, after some prompting from my brother, I decided to try growing citrus plants in containers again. I purchased an Improved Meyer Lemon tree and a Bearss Seedless Lime tree. Today, I finally got around to repotting the two plants into bigger containers. The lemon tree already came with flowers and mini fruit (probably due to the greenhouse's perfect greenhouse environment and overfertilization), while the lime tree just needs more time to grow. I must say, the lemon flowers are very fragrant and reminds me of gardenias. Hopefully, this time around my trees will survive and have a longer life span.

No comments: