Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rain

After weeks of prediction that it will rain every other day when in actuality it was just a sunny and windy day, or cloudy and overcast sky (sometimes with a very light drizzle), the first rain storm came down early early this morning in the Metro area. The lightening and thunder were so fierce that it kept me up for most of the early morning.

I’m so glad that there is rain. I’m hoping for more rain because our spring has started so early and I really don’t want a drought this summer. Of course I don’t care too much for my grass and I can easily water my little garden from a hose. Really, I’m more concerned about the lakes and other wildlife in Minnesota that are dependent on the snow and rain. I remember last summer was pretty bad because many of the lakes receded to the point where it became a pond.

The sun is coming out behind the clouds late this afternoon, but the sky is still overcast. I hope that more rain is on its way.

No comments: