Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Craftin' Mood


I've been in a crafting mood lately. And I mean CRAFTING (I blame it on the weather). As of late, I've rediscovered old woolen sweaters and the many projects to turn these sweaters into something felted (e.g. felted hat, felted mittens, felted booties).

To felt woolen sweaters (or anything made with at least 65% wool), I washed the sweaters in hot water and dried the sweaters in hot heat. Looking on the internet, I came across this pattern for baby booties (http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/BittyBooties.pdf) and decided to make a pair. I can't believe it, but I made the booties (hand-sewn) within a couple of hours, including blanket stitching around the top of the booties. I want to add some embellishments to the shoes, but I need think what would make the shoes look cuter without posing a choking hazard. Drop me a note as to what you think.

I plan to give this pair to my sister, who just gave birth to a little boy. I also plan to make another pair for my other sister, who is also expecting a boy.

No comments: