Monday, February 16, 2009

Pizza, Pizza

I've been sick for some and I'm close to being my ole self again (or at least well enough to think clearly and blog). I never thought that the flu would've made me so weak or that the recovery took a lot longer than anticipated. Anyhow, I'm back and I wanted to share things I've made but didn't get the chance to blog about.


Sometime ago, and I mean several seasons ago, I tried a pizza dough recipe. See, I, like every other cook out there had a fear of using yeast. It didn't help that prior to this pizza dough recipe, I tried a different pizza dough recipe, which resulted in a disappointing semi-edible crust (I think it had a lot to do with allowing the dough to have a second rise). Anyhow, this fear of yeast and my first bad pizza dough almost stopped me from further experimentation and the quest to find a suitable recipe for homemade pizza dough.

Then one day I came across a blog (unfortunately I don't remember which blog) and saw the blogger's pizza dough recipe. I don't know what made me want to try her recipe, but I decided to put aside my fear of yeast and give her recipe a try. I must say, I do not regret giving this recipe a try because it's the best pizza dough I've had. It's soft, chewy, and tastes out of this world.

I'd recommend that you read the recipe thoroughly before you try making the pizza dough. The dough takes a while to rise (which is well worth the wait) but baking the pizza only takes several minutes. Have fun baking.

No comments: