Friday, April 25, 2008

A Nice Gesture

Yesterday, I was not having a good day. I had spent all day (including lunch) writing and editing my first response motion, trying to finish it before my client could come in to sign it later in the day. I was on a tight deadline and a bit stressed. In addition, I was also trying to recover from a very long and emotionally draining week. So as I left work, walking down to my bus stop, it was steadily raining (not drizzling and not pouring, but in between the two). As I stood on the corner, fatigued and waiting for the light to change (I only was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt with a hood) a woman walked up to that corner and shared her umbrella with me. We made small talk and she shared her umbrella while we waited at the corner and as we crossed the street. Then we parted and went our separate way. It was such a nice gesture. To say the least, I was pleasantly surprised and it really made my day. Despite the rain, the chilly wind, the fatigue, and my numbed brain, I felt a lot better.

No comments: