Friday, March 21, 2008

It's Alive!


I want to share a picture of my clematis plant. I purchased it in the fall at a greenhouse sale (now I wish I had purchased more), with intentions of planting it in my yard in the spring. Well, I brought it home and put it with the rest of my plants in my breakfast nook. As fall turned into winter, the plant became dry looking and leaves started to fall off. I thought it was dead and was so sad about losing my plant. Luckily, I was lazy (and still had a lot of faith that it was alive), kept watering my plant, and decided not to cut off the "dead" brown parts. Well, some time in January, my plant started shooting out green buds--from the "dead" parts. Well, this month a flower bud actually sprouted, and this week it BLOOMED! I'm so excited. I'm reconsidering whether I should plant the clematis outside, especially since it's doing so great in my home, but I think I should continue to plant it outside . I have a lamp post that sorely needs to be decorated, and it was meant to be outside.

No comments: