Saturday, February 2, 2008

Oh, Obama!


Today, I (along with a good friend) spent a good part of the day waiting in line to see Barack Obama speak. He came to the Target Center, and I was one of the 20,000 able to get a ticket. We arrived at the Target Center by 1 p.m., but it took at least fifteen minutes for us to walk to the "end of the line." Once in line, we saw that the line continued to grow and grow and grow. After two hours of standing in the cold, and losing all feeling in my fingers and toes, we finally entered the Target Center. We found seats up in the higher sections (think "nose bleed" seats), but the view was still wonderful. A little after 4 p.m., Barack Obama came out to speak. Now, I have not yet decided who I'm going to vote for, but I found Barack Obama to be very charismatic, hopeful, and somewhat endearing (I know he's a politician, but I really want to believe in all of his idealistic ideology). Anyhow, it was quite an experience, to say the least.

No comments: