Saturday, December 26, 2015

Red and White Quilt

Last weekend, I had a really bad hankering to start a quilt.  Yes, another one.  I won't pretend that I don't already have A LOT of quilts that are in progress.  (I can count at least four quilts that I've been working on over the years.)  Yet, I was so determined to get a new quilt started, so I did.  I even knew the design I wanted:  a Red Cross/Swiss Flag Cross.


I don't even remember how I came across images of the Red Cross/Swiss Flag Cross.  Once I started looking on the internet and saw the different quilts and blankets with the cross design, I knew that I wanted one.  I saw the ones with a black and white color scheme, but felt more drawn to the red and white color scheme.  I decided that having a red cross on white fabric would be a lot better on the eyes.  I also wanted my red crosses aligned, without an alternating space in between the crosses.  In addition to making a blanket, I also wanted to make two matching throw pillows.


So, I made a design, determined the finished size of the quilt, got fabric, and started sewing.  I've been working on it during most of my free time and I'm about one-third way done with the quilt top.  This is the most motivated I've been in finishing a quilt and I'm telling myself that I must finish this quilt before winter ends.  Like all of my other projects, I will update you on it.

Have you started on any new projects? 

No comments: