Monday, July 14, 2014

Running Water


I once knew a person who was able to photograph running water so that in pictures, the running water looked smooth, like glass.  This person was able to adjust the shutter speed and photograph without needing a tripod.  I once wished I had that skill to photograph running water in that way.

Well, I now am on my way to learning this skill, with each opportunity that presents itself and opportunities that I make for myself.  The two biggest "secrets" to doing this, knowing how to work the shutter speed AND having a tripod.  I've been honing my skills and I know I still have a LONG way to go, but I'm pretty happy with my results so far.

Let me know what you think.  How about you, are you learning any new skills?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photograph has improved a lot over the years!

My Favorite Things said...

Thank you Anonymous. Are you improving your photography skills too? Have a wonderful day.