Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Tuesday's Tune: June Gloom


 I've been living under a rock for a moment. But, I'm up to speed on all the drama relating to Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, and Sabrina Carpenter. Before I get to that drama, I want to highlight this song, which has been stuck in my head for the last 2.5 weeks and which got me all mixed up in the drama. If you've been under a rock, then check out this post. You can go ahead and read all about the drama, and then come back and listen to the song and/or read this post. Or you can just go ahead and read this post before reading all about the drama.

So, this song is clearly about Shawn Mendes, with references to Sabrina Carpenter. It came out this past summer when Camila Cabello dropped her latest album. Now, I've never been a super fan of hers. At the same time, I don't hate her and find some of her past songs to be great. But somehow this song has got me listening to her new album and rediscovering some of her older albums and songs. This song has grown on me and I actually really like it. I think I'm really drawn to the storytelling that comes out of the song and just the honest feelings she's putting out to the public. 

Let me know what you think. Is this song underrated?

No comments: