Saturday, January 5, 2019

Books of 2018

This past year has been a year full of books. I've read so many books, but the problem is finishing them. At some point, I've become a discriminating reader. I will stop or skip through a book because I found it too cliche, boring, annoying, etc. So, the list below are the books that I actually read through, cover to cover. It's a list of books that I can consciously say, "I've read it."

1. Pepperoni Pizza Murder--Chris Cavender
2. A Pizza to Die For--Chris Cavender
3. Rest in Pizza--Chris Cavender
4. A Slice of Murder--Chris Cavender
5. A Man Called Ove--Fredrik Backman
6. Moon Dance--J.R. Rain
7. The Mountain Between Us--Charles Martin
8. The Comet Seekers--Helen Sedgwick
9. The Taken--Vicki Pettersson
10. The Complete Sookie Stackhouse Stories--Charlaine Harris
11. Missing Joseph--Elizabeth George
12. Last Wool and Testament--Molly MacRae
13. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane--Katherine Howe
14. Grave Witch--Kalayna Price
15. Grave Dance--Kalayna Price
16. Grave Visions--Kalayna Price
17. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore--Robin Sloan
18. Second Grave on the Left--Darynda Jones
19. Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet--Darynda Jones
20. Soulless--Gail Carriger
21. Changeless--Gail Carriger
22. By the Book--Julia Sonneborn
23. May Day--Jess Lourey
24. The Clairvoyant of Calle Ocho--Anjanette Delgado
25. Breezy Friends and Bodies--Anne R. Tan
26. Sunny Mates and Murders--Anne R. Tan
27. Death at First Sight--Lena Gregory
28. The Recipe Box--Viola Shipman
29. Death by Dumpling--Vivien Chien
30. Dim Sum of all Fears--Vivien Chien
31. What the Dead Have Taught Me About Living Well--Rebecca Rosen
32. The Memory Garden--Mary Rickert
33. Magick and Mayhem--Sharon Pape
34. Be Careful What You Witch For--Dawn Eastman
35. Talking as Fast as I Can--Lauren Graham
36. Wild--Cheryl Strayed
38. The Tattooist of Auschwitz--Heather Morris
37. A Life in Stitches--Rachael Herron
38. The Comfort Food Diaries--Emily Nunn
39. I Take You--Eliza Kennedy
40. The Dire King--William Ritter
41. Lethal Licorice--Amanda Flower

Of the books I read, I'd recommend The tattooist of Auschwitz. The book is a mix between a memoir and fiction. The story is the actual story of a survivor from Auschwitz. It made me cry, laugh out loud, and angry. It created a storm of emotions in me, which I didn't think was possible.

The other book I'd recommend is The Comfort Food Diaries. It's Emily Nunn's memoir of certain periods of her life. It's quite interesting and made me think of my own family and the dynamics between my family and me. There are a lot of recipes in there too, which are interesting from a cultural perspective.

Overall, I've had a good year of reading. Hopefully, I'll read more this year. 

Was 2018 a good year for your reading?


No comments: