Saturday, January 28, 2017

Fleece Baby Blanket


I was productive today.  Between Mr. Man and me watching my son, I was able to sew a simple baby blanket in an afternoon.  I was first inspired by this blog post when I was pregnant with my Little One.  For some unknown reason, I didn't get around to it.  

After giving birth, I accumulated fabrics for projects (e.g. baby blankets) that didn't happen.  Then this Christmas, my sister gave me a printed blue flannel fabric (as seen above and below).  I think it may have been used by one of her sons, and even though it may be gently used, it's still in great shape.  I've been wanting to finish up projects and since I had a nice soft brown fleece fabric, I decided to pair it up with the printed blue flannel fabric.


This was a very simple project and the only tedious part of sewing the blanket together was pinning the two fabrics together before sewing (there were pins all over the fabrics) and taking all the pins out after the sewing was done.  Since both fabrics were  may have been a bit "slippery," it was important to pin the fabrics together.  If one or both fabrics were 100% quilting cotton, it wouldn't have been necessary to pin the two fabrics together in so many places.  Now, that the project is done, it's just a matter of seeing someone getting to use this 

 I think the blanket turned out great!  What do you think?

No comments: