Sunday, November 6, 2016

Monster Dash 2016


Last weekend, my co-workers and I participated in the annual Monster Dash.  This year, we decided to go as rock stars.  One went as Freddie Mercury, one was Cyndi Lauper, and I went as Jem from Jem and the Holograms.  I wore a bright pink dress, bought a fantastic blue and pink wig, and wore pink makeup (all over my eyes, lips, and cheeks).  I thought we all looked fabulous!  I think this is one of the better years where our costumes just rocked!

Image credit:  http://www.quirkbooks.com/post/books-jem-and-holograms-tour
If you are a child of the '80's you'll know that Gem and the Holograms is a cartoon that was wildly popular (my brother, born in 1990, didn't know who Gem was and my sister had to explain).  I think they tried to revive it in 2015 as a movie, with real live actors, but it wasn't successful.  Regardless, when we decided that we wanted to be rock stars this year, Jem immediately came to my mind (even if she wasn't a real person, she's still a rock star).

I loved my costume and I loved my wig (it was so luxurious).  I didn't even mind that I had to paint much of my face pink.  I think I might have to wear this costume again in the future.  (Seriously, I love my wig!).  Next year, we'll see what our theme will be.  So excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember watching Gem and the Holograms when was in my youth. Awesome customs. Nice to see you running again.

My Favorite Things said...

Thanks, Anonymous. I hope you had a great Halloween. Hopefully you dressed up or at least attempted a costume. If not, you have another year to come up with something. ;p