Friday, July 1, 2016

Friday's Quote: Gao Xingjian

"Dreams are more real than reality itself, they're closer to the self."---Gao Xingjian


I don't always remember my dreams, but when I do, it's really interesting what I recall from my dreams.  I was telling my Mr. Man that in my last several dreams, for the last several months, I remember how my son showed up in many of the dreams.  I told him that rarely does he, Mr. Man, make an appearance, but for some reason, my son was present.  Even if my son wasn't present in the dream, I had been thinking of him or had mentioned him to those in my dreams, specifically knowing that he is my son.

In trying to understand my dreams, I figure that my son has become such a major part of my life and identity that I even incorporate him into my dreams (he's not just a part of my reality).  I also think it's a reminder to my subconscious.  For example, some days, I can't believe that he came from me.  Once in a very long while when I have a brain fart, I think I'm his aunt, but I then immediately realize he's mine and there's nobody else to give him to.  Not that I want to give him away, it's just that I'm getting use to being a parent and having it as a part of my identity.

I guess having my son show up in my dreams is a sign of how much he's a part of me.  Now, I don't know what my dreams say about my Mr. Man, especially if he rarely ever is a part of my dreams.

What have you been dreaming of?  Are your dreams more real than reality itself?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These days, I don't dream that much anymore. If I did dream it would be few and far when I do dream. My dreams are always of happy thoughts and places where I've been and the good people have met.

My Favorite Things said...

So, Anonymous, what "happy thoughts and places . . . and good people" do you dream about? :)

Anonymous said...

I dream of someone very special to me, a beautiful and sweet woman. She and I are enjoy each others company and doing things...

My Favorite Things said...

Anonymous, have you ever thought that maybe those dreams are closer to your self? Maybe even reality, in it's own warped time?