Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tuesday's Tune: Jealous



If you thought "Faded" by Alan Walker was a sad song, this song is just as sad, but in a different way. (I'm not in an emo mood either.)  I just happen to come across Labrinth's "Jealous" when I was watching this X-Factor contestant's audition.  He has a different, and just as sad, interpretation of the meaning of the lyrics, so I definitely recommend you watch his audition.

I really like the lyrics.  Even though it's sad, it's also very honest.  I joke that I always hope that my exes are secretly unhappy that I'm no longer in their lives (personally, I think most girls want that). Of course, I'll admit that there have been times when I've been "jealous" because  I'm no longer a part of my ex's life.  I don't wish any ill will on him or his new love interest, but I still can't help but also feel sadness that things didn't work out.  I understand that things happen for a reason (even if I don't immediately know what those reasons are) or some things are out of my control, but it still doesn't lessen the hurt and the pain at that moment when it's so fresh and raw.

Let me know what you think of this song and how you would interpret the lyrics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of the rain...

My Favorite Things said...

I might be jealous of the rain too. ;P Anonymous, don't be jealous.