Sunday, December 28, 2014

Crocheted Maneki-neko


A close friend has been going through some tough times and I thought I'd crochet her a Maneki-neko. If you've gone into an Asian restaurant, you would've seen Maneki-neko.  Maneki-neko is the Japanese lucky cat, although this symbol has been adopted by many of Chinese and Asian heritage.  (If you want to find out more information about this lucky cat, then go here.)


My friend already has a collection and I felt the need to add to it; hence the inspiration for crocheting the Maneki-neko.  Since it's going to be a new year soon and Maneki-neko is suppose to bring luck, I'm hoping that my figurine will help make her year better and luckier.  I'm almost done with it.  I only need to add details to the face and paw.  I hope she likes it when I gift it to her.

What did you receive this year or hope to give this year for a lucky 2015?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all need luck on our side.