Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday's Tune: Someone Like You



This song by Adele came out several years ago.  When I hear this song, it always remind me of a particular time, a particular place, and a particular person.  I've been hearing this song a lot on the radio lately and thought I would highlight it for Tuesday's Tune.

I remember having a discussion about this song with an old friend.  I remember saying that this was like a "stalker" song because she shows up out of the blue to remind her former lover, who went and married another, to not forget about her.  Maybe, this message would also be applicable to her as if it was sent from her former lover: even though he's gotten married, he wants to let her know that he won't forget about her.  Maybe, he too couldn't keep away (despite suddenly feeling shy) and felt that he had to reach out and remind her that he still loves her, despite being married, and it's not entirely over for him.  How fair is that?  ;P

Oh well, it's just a song.  What do you think about this song and its message?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing you still love someone can be hard to leave them for whatever reason it was for? So are we can do is stalk them from afar...

My Favorite Things said...

Anonymous, I think I have an idea as to what you're trying to say to me, but I'm not sure. Regardless if you love that person or how hard it was to leave that person, if you've left that person, you've left that person. I'm sure that person doesn't care how much love you still have for him/her because the only thing that person knows for sure was that you've left him/her. Especially, if you've moved on with someone else.