Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tuesday's Tune: Coming Home, Part II




When I first heard this song, it was the hook that caught my attention.  I had hoped the artist that wrote the hook, Skylar Grey, would turn it into her own song.  Apparently she did.

I find this a very hopeful song.  With my nephew going home to visit his mom for the summer, I thought this song was appropriate for Tuesday's Tune.  It's a long story as to how he ended up in Minnesota and it's has been some time since he's been back to see his family in California.  I hope he can show his Cali family how much he's grown and matured (despite still being a teenager).  I also hope that he and his mom can move beyond what has happened and focus on the here and now.  I love them both very much and only wish the best for them.

What does this song mean to you?  What do you think of this song?

No comments: