Sunday, January 12, 2014

Trust Your Power



Inspiration can be found in everyday things. Sometimes, it takes an ad to remind me to not give up, to trust in my judgment, and to keep moving forward. 

Today, I wanted to highlight Derrick Coleman's story (I'm talking about the football player, not the basketball player), that's featured in Duracell's "Trust Your Power" campaign. He's considered the first deaf professional offensive football player to ever have played in the NFL. Apparently, he's been deaf since the age of three.  He's faced adversity and I'm sure he's learned to develop a very thick skin and to trust himself. I don't know what the future holds for him and I hope he has in illustrious career, but it still doesn't diminish how inspiring his story is and how it reminds us all to own our own power and to believe in ourselves, especially when others have given up or have never believed in the first place.

What do you think of the commercial?  It's been suggested that the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos will be the two teams battling for the Super Bowl.  Screw the Patriots, the 49ers, and the other teams still left in the race, I hope it will be the Seahawks (go Derrick Coleman) and the Broncos (I heart Peyton Manning!!!) going to the Super Bowl.

If you want to read more about Derrick Coleman AND watch another video, please go to this website: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311703/article/derrick-coleman-not-slowed-by-hearing-impairment

No comments: