Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Three Lessons

On Monday I was asked to make a quick speech about three lessons I would teach children and why.  Now, this blog posting is a better reiteration of my quick speech, but it's still within the gist of what I said.  I wanted to write about it because I've been trying to follow through on what I'm saying and I hope that by writing about it, I will apply it to my life.  So, here it goes . . . .

The following are the three lessons I would teach children:

One, believe in yourself.  If you don't believe in yourself, how are you going to get others to believe in you?  You should be the biggest supporter of yourself.

Two, believe in your dreams.  Sometimes your dreams may not match up with what your parents and society expect out of you.  But that doesn't mean you give up on your dreams.  You can still reach your dreams, if not literally, then metaphorically.

Three, continue to keep learning and educate yourself, may it be through formal education or something that you pick up from someone from the street.  Knowledge will always set you free, so don't stop learning.

So, those are the three lessons I would teach children.  What three lessons would you teach children and why?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Live, laugh, and love

My Favorite Things said...

Anonymous, thanks for your comment. Those are three good lessons to tell children. Hopefully you share it with yours, if you have any.