Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday's Quote: Rene Descartes

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."---Rene Descartes

There are so many published studies stating that human beings need to continuously use their mind, especially as they get older, in order to keep it healthy.  It's not good enough to just have a good mind.  I try to read, do puzzles, and other small things to try and keep my mind healthy, but I found a website that's really useful and wanted to share it with you.
 
I recently came across the following website:  www.lumosity.com.  The website provide games to stimulate the mind and to keep it active.  Anyone can sign up for free and play three games per day.  It also keeps track of how well you are doing.  Of course, for a monthly fee, you can play more games per day and have the website keep better statistics based on your performance.  I don't have too much money, so I'm just doing the free version.  So far, it's actually quite fun and a good way to pass a couple of minutes.
 
If you try it, let me know what you think.  I think some of the games are really fun.

No comments: