Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pan Fried Zucchini Blossoms

  
This year, three of my zucchini plants survived but none of my yellow squash plants did.  Nevertheless, I have three zucchini plants.  It's my understanding that by the end of the summer, I will have zucchini coming out of my ears.  So, rather than have too many zucchinis by the end of summer, I'm going to enjoy the zucchini blossoms right now.
I picked three zucchini blossoms this morning and stuffed it with whatever cheese I had in my refrigerator, which is just plain old shredded mozzarella cheese and basil leaves.  (I only put in about a thumb-sized amount out cheese.)  I dipped the blossoms in milk/cream and dredged it in flour, repeating this method once more.  I then pan fried the blossoms, which didn't take too long.
It was quite yummy.  I can see why so many recipes recommend using goat cheese as a stuffing and I may try it next time.  I just wanted something right now and simple.  

Have you tried stuffed zucchini or squash blossoms?  What was your eating experience like?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy...

My Favorite Things said...

It was really yummy. Next time, I'm going to stuff it with a different type of cheese.

Anonymous said...

Stuff it with cheese, OMG send some my way! Loven it.

My Favorite Things said...

Just an update. I made this again with some soft feta cheese and it was fabulous. My nephew kept on asking me to make more for him, which I did.

Unknown said...

LOL...wow, Jyzl is trying out new foods. I love the blossoms but have never tried it any other way than the traditional Hmong boil with meat. We gotta make it. Yum, Yum.