Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday's Quote: Hubert H. Humphrey

"Never give up on anybody."---Hubert H. Humphrey

I always try to not give up on anybody.  At the same time, if I have been disappointed one too many times, I become more guarded, and maybe more realistic.

I also have a hard time giving up on plants.  Yet, unlike people, I feel as if I have a little more control over plants.  Too often, I troll around my yard and worry incessantly if a certain plant is doing well or not.  If I start noticing that the plant isn't doing well at all, I will try and determine a way to ensure that the plant will survive.  Often, I may try to amend the soil or give it more nourishment (e.g. water, fertilizer, etc.,),  but  I don't hesitate to move the plant to a new location.  Usually, the plant probably just wants more sun.  I'm always surprised at what survives the winter and comes back in the spring.  Thus, I always try my very best to never give up on a plant.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprise you didn't write a short passage on this quote. I guess sometime a little says alot! G

My Favorite Things said...

G, I meant to write something on Friday, but I got a little busy and didn't get a chance to publish what I wrote. I have since updated my post, so I hope you come back and read, and maybe comment again. But you are right, sometimes a little says a lot.