Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday's Quote: Thodore Roosevelt

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."---Theodore Roosevelt

I feel as if every other year I go through a mini personal crisis about my life and the personal goals I want to set/achieve in my life.  It's not a big deal, and I should probably term it as a soul searching journey for potential growth rather than calling it a crisis. 

Anyhow, this year is no different.  The only major difference about this year is deciding if I want to actually stay where I'm at or if I want to pursue something else elsewhere.  Of course, I don't exactly know what else I would do professionally, but personally I wonder if it may be best for me to stay in Minnesota.  I love various aspects of the State (and I love my little house), but I hate the winters.  Professionally, I guess I am "comfortable," but is that a good thing?

I think for the time being, I am going to do what I can, with what I have, where I am at.  I think I need to sort out what it is that will make me happy, but for now I will be here.  As much as I want to be somewhere else, to start a new life, I don't have the energy and faith to leap without looking.  Of course, I may change my mind.  Maybe one of these winters will send me packing to a warmer state where I can grow in my yard, cherries, citrus, and blueberries.

Are you doing what you can, with what you have, where you are?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful message. I guess everyone should consider reviewing their personal life once awhile, whether to live the same or be happy? Some how, it's the same because they both have to co-exist with one another. Most people are too comfortable where they are at, that they forget to see the opportunity for themselves when it is presented to them. I guess we live and learn. I've fallen short too sometime, but I have to get up and start planning again. Benny

My Favorite Things said...

Benny, you are right, in that sometimes people do get too comfortable where they are at. At the same time, other things have to be considered too, when one is trying to sort out one's life. For example, can one live with another's past and present? Sometimes, even the most innocuous things in a person's life can be the most off putting. Thus, when one is looking at all of her options, maybe being "comfortable" isn't so bad. Just a thought.