Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday's Quote: Mary Webb

"Saddle your dreams before you ride em."---Mary Webb

I don't think it hurts to dream big.  However, if I plan on dreaming big and want to make my dream a reality, I better know that it is something I want to do and have a plan in place to reach my dream.

Have I ever mentioned that when I was younger, I wanted to be a professional artist.? I specifically wanted to draw and create graphic art.  I really loved art and I really loved to draw.  Yet, as I got older, I realized that maybe it wasn't the best profession to enter into because I really didn't want to be a  starving artist.  This isn't to say that I wouldn't have found a job doing something in the art field. I  guess in the process of saddling up my dreams, before I rode out on it, I realized that it was a dream that I didn't want to pursue.

I have since found another profession that I'm pretty happy to be in and was also once a dream.  Even though I have made a dream into a reality, I continue to dream big.

Do you have any dreams that you've saddled up and rode out on?  Did you get to make your dream a reality or did you change your mind at some point?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering is there other personal career or business career that you wanted to do beside work? Blackie

My Favorite Things said...

Blackie, without going into too much detail about my own background, I've always sought for a way to be self-sufficient. How about you, did you have any dreams that you saddled before riding out on it?