Monday, November 14, 2011

Reupholster Project(s)

A little over a year ago, when my sister came to visit me, we came across a pair of matching chairs at a retro store. She was kind enough to purchase the chairs and gift the chairs to me. I love the style of the chairs and I have always intended to reupholster the chairs.

Well, a year later, I still have not yet reupholstered the chairs, although I've purchased books and read several DIY posts online about reupholstering chairs. I'm telling myself that I need to reupholster these chairs soon. I think I've just put it off because I'm afraid of starting the project, taking the chairs apart and then failing to get back to the project for a couple of months (maybe even years). I will admit that my home, my job, and my other hobbies all keep me quite busy.

Yet, I'm telling myself that I really need to get started and to follow through. Why am I telling myself that I need to get this project started? Well, I've picked up two more chairs for another reupholster project. Earlier in the summer, my workplace was getting rid of a pair of blue chairs to make room for newer furniture. I loved the chairs' style and design. So I brought these two chairs home, also with the intent to reupholster the chairs. Well, now I have two pairs of chairs in my garage, waiting for me to do something . . . anything.

So, I'm telling myself that I will begin working on my chairs. Now that I think about it, I need to clear a space somewhere in my garage to start the work. Hmmmm . . . where am I going to clear out some space? I hope it doesn't derail my intentions to start my project. If you have any ideas or pointers to reupholster chairs, let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be nice if you can show us some pictures of the chairs, then we can suggest or give our inputs. Then we can determine how difficult the reupholstery will be. SH

My Favorite Things said...

I'm open to suggestions and to anyone willing to help me. My ex-beau (ahem...are you reading ex-beau), said that I'm hording, but look at how beautiful these chairs are. I love the lines and the style.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have alot of work ahead of you with these two projects. By looking at those two chairs I think the first one is easier to tackle, IMO.