Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oh Well, I Still Have a Garden

Okay, so there was no spring this year. It was really cold for the longest time, then it was really rainy, and now it's hot and humid. So, if there was a spring (for those eternal optimists), it was a very short spring. I still think it was a non-spring and it interfered with my preparation of the vegetable garden and with my planting.

So what else does this non-spring mean for me? It meant that almost all of the plants I have in my garden this year were bought from the store as seedlings. Early in the spring, I started several tomato and pepper plants from seeds but only the pepper seedlings survived. Then, after I planted the pepper seedlings into the ground, only one survived. Since I really wanted a vegetable garden really bad, I opted to buy the plants from the store. Yes, I'm disappointed, but at least I still have a garden this year.

No comments: