Sunday, June 20, 2010

Little Red Orbs

I don't think I've ever posted a picture of my cherry tree with fruit. Aren't the the little red orbs among the leaves just lovely? I picked the tree right before I took the picture (should'have been the other way) and got about a quart of fruit, so in the picture, there isn't as much fruit on it. Compared to previous years, I've gotten a lot of fruit this year. I've already made strawberry-cherry jam (a future post about jamming will be forthcoming) with the cherries I picked this morning.


I currently have a half-pint of cherries I picked earlier in the week (if I didn't pick the cherries the birds would've gotten to it). I'll add more to it, but I'm waiting for the rest of the cherries to ripen before picking. At this point, I'm trying to decide what I'll use the cherries for. I want to make a pie or turn it into maraschino cherries. Oh the dilemma.

I also can't wait for the neighbor's sour cherry tree to ripen. Apparently, we are allowed to pick their cherry tree because they don't do anything with their cherries. I'm pretty excited. Last year was the first time I've ever picked their cherry tree and the first time I discovered that I could. Well, I'll post more once I start picking.


No comments: