Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day

It's Earth Day and today was a wonderful day in my neck of the woods. The sun was out and there were very light breezes.

I got an early jumpstart on Earth Day over the weekend because my beau and I volunteered to pick up trash around Lake Harriet in Minneapolis. It was a very organized event and it's my understanding that many people participated in picking up trash around the lakes in the Twin Cities and around the Mississippi River. My beau and I shared one bag, but we sure filled it up quickly. Considering that there were many other participants also picking up trash around Lake Harriet, boy-oh-boy, there was A LOT of trash.

Today I wanted to share pictures of the lake (yes, it's poor quality and very poorly taken) and of the apricot blossoms blooming in my yard (yes, I just learned late last month that I have an apricot tree in my yard). Do you notice the different coloring in the apricot blossoms (as compared to the cherry blossoms)?

No comments: