Monday, March 15, 2010

Window Boxes

I’ve been thinking of ways to spruce up the exterior of my new home (I promise I'll post pictures once I'm done). I like what I’ve done with the interior of the home so far (or at least working with what was in existence at the time I purchased the home), while trying to stay within my budget. With spring around the corner (I can’t wait), my thoughts are now turning toward what I can do to the outside of the home and how I can turn my garden dreams into a reality.

So, I’ve been thinking about building and installing window boxes on some of my windows. I think window boxes would bring more curb appeal to my home, definitely make the home more charming, and would allow me to extend my gardening to my home. The images found on Google makes window box gardening very enticing, although I’m concerned that I have to drill holes into the exterior of the home to attach the window boxes—which is something I’m not too fond of. Maybe, I’ll just stick to regular container gardening and place the containers outside of the windows. I’ll post later as to what I intend to do. For the mean time, what do you think?

No comments: