Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday's Quote: Robert Tew

“Sometimes walking away has nothing to do with weakness, and everything to do with strength. We walk away not because we want others to realize our worth and value, but because we finally realize our own.”---Robert Tew


Have you met someone, whom you think you could love for the rest of your life, yet feel that the relationship just wouldn't work?  Even if they tell you that they will love you forever and ever, and in return you tell them that you'll love them for forever and a day, you still can't shake that awful feeling that the relationship just isn't going to be anything more than what it currently is?

It's during those times that I force myself to come to terms with reality, as harsh as it is, and accept the truth that walking away is the best solution.  There may be times that I want to sit and explain myself and try to win that person over with my words.  Basically, I'm trying to tell that person how great of a person I am. Yet, if that person refuses to see my worth, and thinks he's too busy to even acknowledge my worth, then I don't know how to get that person's attention or even make him see me.  As painful as it is to realize that this person doesn't value me, it's even more painful to just let go and walk away.  In the end, I am testing my own strength and knowing how to value myself.  Of course, it still hurts.

Have you had to walk away because you realized your own worth and value?

No comments: