Thursday, September 26, 2013

How I Met Your Mother Sadness


Picture credit:  http://www.pastemagazine.com

The television show How I Met Your Mother ("HIMYM") is causing me a little sadness.  This is the show's last season and the "mother" has finally been revealed.  I'm happy that Ted, the main character, has found his love but I'm personally sad that the mother isn't the mother that I want to be the mother.  I don't mean to confuse you, really I don't.

You see, my former beau got me into HIMYM and it's been a great adventure so far.  I've recommended this show to several other people and they've become loyal fans of this show (yes, you're welcome people . . . just kidding).  This season is the show's last season and the first episode aired earlier this Monday.  However, in last season's last episode, they finally showed who the "mother" was.  This season's first episode only further confirmed that she is truly the "mother" in HIMYM.  Since watching this show, I've been hoping that one of Ted's former loves would become the "mother."  Despite last season's last episode, I was still holding on.  Now, my hopes are dashed.  I'm sad.  I really am sad.

Oh well . . . I will continue to tune in and see how this all folds out.  Are you a fan of HIMYM?  Who were you hoping would be the "mother" and Ted's ultimate love?

No comments: